Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Behind the Seams: It's time for the last minute touch ups!

Are you wondering how the girls are going just days until the showing of their collections? The girls tell you ttheir thoughts and progress about the up and coming Student Runway!

JANE
The majority of the collection is done but I always feel like the last few weeks before showing is my most creative period and my collection seems to be going in a different direction right now with all my new ideas.

Because I dont have time to consider everything as thoroughly such as fabrics, colour and form, im sort of forced to make instinctive decisions, which i find always gives a better result.

I have been spending the last week sewing on buttons!! there are maaaany buttons in my collection. For example one of my dresses has around 40 buttons...thats a lot of time spent hand sewing.

Other than the fact ive lost a lot of time sewing on buttons, I think the collection is coming together nicely. I never really know what the final outcome will be until i see it in its final stage when its all finished!

ANDREA
My collection is going good. I'm almost done! I have just been working on a few other little extra pieces. I'm exited to see my designs on bodies especially after seeing them hanging on rails for the past few months.

I am a little stressed, but I think that's a good thing because it's whats pushed me forward! It can be difficult to keep on top of pattern-making, cutting, sewing, finishing, paperwork and working 3-4 days a week.

My collection at PFF will be complemented by fine jewellery pieces from up-and-coming Perth ceramicist/jeweller Claire Steiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment