Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Andrea Wolf


How would you describe your collection?
The collection features bespoke techniques presented in a contemporary light, with a signature monochromatic palette, carefully considered details and clean tailoring.
If you got one celebrity to wear your clothes, who would you choose?
I dislike the notion of 'celebrity'. I suppose if I had to choose someone well-known, it would have to be someone strong and independent who actually cares about what they wear, someone like Patti Smith.
What made you want to be a designer?
Originally it was to create pieces I wanted to wear which I found were unavailable in Perth. Then as a reaction to what I abhorred about the industry, which is the concept of mass-produced throw-away 'fashion', not allowing a second thought to what went into producing those garments.
What do you plan on doing once the festival is over?
Catching up with my lovely neglected friends, reading the pile of books I've accumulated and working.
What is your personal style like?
Maximal minimalism.
What was your inspiration for this current collection your working on?
The latest collection 'III' (Three) is an exploration of the space within. Inspiration is derived from readings on the Japanese spatial concept of Ma and Stephane Mallarmé’s poem ‘Un coup de dés jamais n’abolira le hasard’, which have been translated into fine asymmetric cuts and folds and twisting, cascading draping.

No comments:

Post a Comment