Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ellie Meyer

A short interview with The Cartons, Ellie Meyer and a little insight into what her up and coming collection will be like!

What made you want to study fashion?
Well I was always interested in art. I think that garments have the ability to change the perception of people and their identity. To me thats really interesting
Whose your mentor?
Gareth Pugh, Rei Kuikikubu. They're less commercial and a bit more conceptual...oh and Martin Margiella
Where do you get your ideas from?
Everywhere! Music, people, faces, other designers, film...anything that inspires me
What are three things you couldnt live without?
Ipod, black and chocolate
How would you describe your collection of bodies?
It draws on horror and the apocolyptic sci-fi genre. I'm making costumes for a local film next year, 'Play Things', and that was inspiration for me. I'm drawing on characters from it and the wounds and fatalities from them.


Heres a few pics that are based around Ellies' collection from her very own portfolio! Cant wait to see the finished collection Ellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment